Welcome to The Music Tree. I hope you’ve all had the chance to enjoy the summer weather. This is a long newsletter but it contains lots of important information so please take a moment to read everything, particularly procedures related to COVID.
Dates and Invoices
- Lessons commence from Wednesday February 9th. The term will end on Thursday April 14th in time for the Easter and School Holiday break.
- Lessons continue as normal on Launceston Cup Day – February 23rd.
- Classes are held at The Punchbowl Centre, 100 Punchbowl Road. Parking and baby change facilities are available onsite.
It is very important to arrive a couple of minutes early for your 1st lesson, particularly if you are new. The opening of a class is designed to help your child feel comfortable, if they arrive for the first time partway through it is often unsettling and a bit daunting for them. Children 4yrs and under must have an adult present for the entire session.
COVID 19 Information – this bit is important!!!
- Please do not attend if you or your child are unwell, you will be given access to a video lesson instead. This will also apply if I am sick, if possible I’ll do online classes as well.
- You will need to sign in when you enter the centre and sanitise your hands.
- Masks are mandatory for anyone 12 years of age and over – that’s me!
- Class sizes are limited and unfortunately we will not be allowing spectators this coming term.
- Please try to follow social distancing rules as much as practical.
- BYO – parents are asked to bring the following items to reduce unnecessary sharing of equipment (and to cut down on my cleaning). A scarf or piece of material like a small baby blanket to play peek a boo, and some small percussion instruments. Homemade instruments are fine: maracas- a plastic container or drink/baby bottle with a bit of rice/pasta/pebbles etc, drums can be any upside down plastic container like an ice cream container, claves can be 2 wooden spoons to tap together. Google ideas or check the Facebook page. If you forget or are unsure I will have spare, clean items for you to use.
- I am fully vaccinated having had my booster in mid December.
- Please read through the welcome sheet on the Facebook page or the News page of our web site to find some great tips on what to expect and how to get the most out of your class.
- Successful learning occurs in many small steps rather than one big step, singing the songs and rhymes we learn in class at home will help your child to participate as fully as possible.
- There is no such thing as too much repetition.
- One of the ideas behind The Music Tree was that it would give parents a range of new repertoire to share with their children, so you won’t necessarily know all the songs when you first attend. We also aim to show you new and creative ways to use the songs that you are already familiar with.
- If you ever have any questions about the program please ask.
Private Piano and Guitar Lessons – Scotch and Grammar
I teach at the Junior campus’ of both Scotch Oakburn College, and Launceston Church Grammar, so if you have a child interested in private lessons let me know ASAP as I have limited vacancies.
Cancellation and Absentee Policy
Just in case you didn’t read the fine print when you signed up:
- Missed lessons will not be refunded, but a make up lesson may be done on another day if there is availability in a different class. There is a maximum of 3 makeup lessons per term. A free video lesson will be made available to all parent/child groups as Covid policies can make attendance more challenging.
- If lessons are cancelled within the first two weeks of booking, no cancellation fee applies (this does not include deposits which are non refundable), but those two lessons must be paid for. However, after this period, a booking and administration fee of $30 will be incurred in addition to the fees for lessons up to the time of cancellation. All cancellations must be to Tonya either in person, by phone or e-mail.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon.