Welcome to The Music Tree.
Dates and Invoices
• Lessons commence from Wednesday February 8th. The term will end on Thursday April 6th in time for the Easter and School Holiday break.
• Lessons continue as normal on Launceston Cup Day – February 22nd.
• Your lesson day and time are on your invoice which will be emailed. If you are no
longer able to attend, need to change lesson times or can’t make the first week of
lessons please let me know ASAP – text 0407344107.
• Payment details are on the bottom of your invoice – EFT or cash (sorry no credit
• Classes are held at The Punchbowl Centre, 100 Punchbowl Road. Parking and baby change facilities are available onsite. My room looks out into the car park.
It is very important to arrive a couple of minutes early for your 1st lesson, particularly if you are new. The opening of a class is designed to help your child feel comfortable, if they arrive for the first time partway through it is often unsettling and a bit daunting for them. These are parent/child classes and all children must have an adult present for the entire session.
COVID 19 Information – again – sorry!
• Please do not attend if you or your child are unwell, you will be given access to a video lesson instead. This will also apply if I am sick.
• BYO – parents are asked to bring the following items to reduce unnecessary sharing of equipment (and to cut down on my cleaning). A scarf or piece of material like a small baby blanket to play peek a boo, and some small percussion instruments. Homemade instruments are fine: maracas- a plastic container or drink/baby bottle with a bit of rice/pasta/pebbles etc, drums can be any upside down plastic container like an ice cream container, claves can be 2 wooden spoons to tap together. If you forget or are unsure I will have spare, clean items for you to use.
Sunday the 5th of February is family day at Festivale. We will be performing 2 fully interactive shows at 11.45am and 1.45pm in the Kids Kingdom area. Please come and join in, it’s always good to have kids that have previously attended class as part of this event. The children are free but you still need to have a ticket for them – visit the Festivale website for details.
• Please read through the welcome sheet on the Facebook page or the News page of our web site to find some great tips on what to expect and how to get the most out of your class.
• Successful learning occurs in many small steps rather than one big step, singing the songs and rhymes we learn in class at home will help your child to participate as fully as possible.
• There is no such thing as too much repetition.
• One of the ideas behind The Music Tree was that it would give parents a range of new
repertoire to share with their children, so you won’t necessarily know all the songs when you first attend. We also aim to show you new and creative ways to use the songs that you are already familiar with.
• If you ever have any questions about the program please ask.
Cancellation and Absentee Policy
Just in case you didn’t read the fine print when you signed up:
• Missed lessons will not be refunded, but a make up lesson may be done on another day
if there is availability in a different class. There is a maximum of 3 makeup lessons per
term. A free video lesson will be made available to anyone that misses a class.
• If lessons are cancelled within the first two weeks of starting, no cancellation fee
applies (this does not include deposits which are non refundable), but those two lessons must be paid for. However, after this period, a booking and administration fee of $30 will be incurred in addition to the fees for lessons up to the time of cancellation. All cancellations must be to Tonya either in person, by phone or e-mail.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon. – Tonya
Ph 0407344107 Facebook: www.facebook.com/themusictreetas Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.themusictree.com.au