Welcome to The Music Tree.
Dates and Invoices
- Lessons commence from Wednesday February 7th and concludes on Saturday April 13th. The Easter break will be Good Friday, March 29th – April 2nd,
- Lessons continue as normal on Launceston Cup Day – February 28th.
- Your lesson day and time are on your invoice which will be sent separately to this email. If you are no longer able to attend, need to change lesson times or can’t make the first week of lessons please let me know ASAP – text 0407344107.
- Payment details are on the bottom of your invoice – EFT or cash (sorry no credit cards).
- Family discounts have been applied where 2 or more children are attending from the same immediate family (this does not include the baby class as it is already heavily discounted).
- Classes are held at The Punchbowl Centre, 100 Punchbowl Road. Parking and baby change facilities are available onsite. My room looks out into the car park.
- It is very important to arrive a couple of minutes early for your 1st lesson, particularly if you are new. The opening of a class is designed to help your child feel comfortable, if they arrive for the first time part-way through it is often unsettling and a bit daunting for them. These are parent/child classes and all children must have an adult present for the entire session.
- This year there will be a change to our instrument policy, BYO instruments will remain in place for the baby, 1yr Bop ‘n Bounce, 2yr Music Box and Family Fun classes – parents in these groups are asked to bring the following items :a scarf or piece of material like a small baby blanket to play peek a boo, and some small percussion instruments. Homemade instruments are fine: maracas- a plastic container or drink/baby bottle with a bit of rice/pasta/pebbles etc, drums can be any upside down plastic container like an ice cream container, claves can be 2 wooden spoons to tap together. If you forget or are unsure I will have spare, clean items for you to use.
- The older groups, Family Fun Advanced, Playsongs and Rock ‘n Play will be using my instruments, please still bring along a scarf if you can.
- Sunday the 4th of February is family day at Festivale. We will be performing 2 fully interactive shows at 11.15am and 1.30pm in the Kids Kingdom area.
- Please read through the welcome sheet on the Facebook page or the News page of our web site to find some great tips on what to expect and how to get the most out of your class.
- Successful learning occurs in many small steps rather than one big step, singing the songs and rhymes we learn in class at home will help your child to participate as fully as possible.
- There is no such thing as too much repetition.
Cancellation and Absentee Policy
Just in case you didn’t read the fine print when you signed up:
- Missed lessons will not be refunded, but a make-up lesson may be done on another day if there is availability in a different class. There is a maximum of 3 makeup lessons per term. A free video lesson will be made available to anyone that misses a class.
- If lessons are cancelled within the first two weeks of starting, no cancellation fee applies (this does not include deposits which are non-refundable), but those two lessons must be paid for. However, after this period, a booking and administration fee of $30 will be incurred in addition to the fees for lessons up to the time of cancellation. All cancellations must be to Tonya either in person, by phone or e-mail.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Ph 0407344107 Facebook: www.facebook.com/themusictreetas